The Aim of this devotional study is to learn about God’s forgiveness and salvation in response to our cries for help.
1 Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD! 2 O Lord, hear my voice! Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my pleas for mercy!
3 If you, O LORD, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? 4 But with you there is forgiveness, that you may be feared.
5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; 6 my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning.
7 O Israel, hope in the LORD! For with the LORD there is steadfast love, and with him is plentiful redemption. 8 And he will redeem Israel from all his iniquities.
- Take one word from every section to summarize that portion of the Psalm
- Now in one sentence, summarize what you understand this Psalm is about.
- What do you think is his link between “depth” (v1) and “iniquities” (v3) in this Psalm?
- When you read this Psalm, to whom would you recommend it as encouragement and guideline to help them with their situation? e. into what type of situation does this Psalm speak?
- What practical guidelines do you learn from this Psalm response to hopeless situations – even if they were caused by your foolishness or sin?
Personalize and pray this prayer of deliverance for yourself or someone in a tough, hopeless situation.