Supernatural signs confirm the message of the Kingdom of God. So how does a leader grow in the demonstration of spirit and power?
Look at this short inspirational video by Andre Kruger who has seen tremendous growth in his personal life and congregation in the demonstration of spirit and power. Form more on his teachings regarding this visit his page http://heavensflow.org/
17 From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” … 23 And he went throughout all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction among the people. 24 So his fame spread throughout all Syria, and they brought him all the sick, those afflicted with various diseases and pains, those oppressed by demons, epileptics, and paralytics, and he healed them.
1 And he called to him his twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal every disease and every affliction… 5 These twelve Jesus sent out, instructing them, “Go nowhere among the Gentiles and enter no town of the Samaritans, 6 but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And proclaim as you go, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ 8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, cast out demons. You received without paying; give without pay.
Observations and Reflection
Note: Matthew, being a Jew, respectfully chose to use the euphoric phrase “Kingdom of Heaven” where the other evangelists used the phrase “Kingdom of God”.
- List the similarities between these two portions from the Gospel of Matthew.
- What was the message preached?
- To whom did they preach?
- What accompanied the preaching of this message?
- What is “the Kingdom of God”? What synonyms could you use for the phrase “Kingdom of God”?
- Why did these signs follow the pronouncement of the Kingdom of God? [hint: where does sickness, death, leprosy and demonic oppression come from?]
- What was the purpose of these accompanying signs?
Personal reflection and Application
Jesus and his disciples preached the Good News of the Kingdom of God, calling the Jews to repent of their rebellion and sin and submit to the reign of God – and signs of this good reign of God followed as the blind saw, deaf heard, lame walked, the sick was healed and the oppressed were delivered, even the dead raised! These signs testify of the good and powerful reign of God.
- Signs and wonders are more commonly observed during evangelic outreaches and gospel crusades. Have you witnessed this before? And why do you think it is so?
- Considering today’s scripture reading, how would one grow in the apostolic anointing or demonstration of the Spirit and Power? [hint: apostle means ‘sent one, messenger or emissary’]
- Jesus and his disciples preached ‘the Kingdom of God’ among their own people. Prayerfully prepare a 10minute message on the Kingdom of God and preach it to people you associate with. Then follow up with demonstration of the Kingdom of God by praying for sick or oppressed people. (Consider taking this message to hospitals or prisons in your area).
- If you have not been on a mission trip in the last year, plan to join one in the next 12 months.
“Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For yours is the kingdom, the power and the glory,
Now and forever. Amen”