The Aim of this devotional study is to reflect on the motive study the motivation for praising the Lord.
1 Praise the LORD! Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens!
2 Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his excellent greatness!
3 Praise him with trumpet sound; praise him with lute and harp! 4 Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe! 5 Praise him with sounding cymbals; praise him with loud clashing cymbals!
6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD! Praise the LORD!
Observation and Reflection
- In your own words rephrase what does this Psalm teach the hearer/ reader?
- Now, answer these questions about the appeal to “Praise the Lord”!
- Where ought one to “Praise the Lord”? (v1) What does that imply?
- For what ought one to “Praise the Lord”? (v2) What does that imply?
- How ought one to “Praise the Lord”? (v3-5) What does that imply?
- Who ought to “Praise the Lord”? (v6) What does that imply?
Application and Prayer
- As in the Psalm, praise the Lord “for his mighty deeds”
- By reciting the amazing works the Lord has done in the past for Israel
- By recalling the good things the Lord has done for you in the past
- As in the Psalm, praise the Lord “for his excellent greatness”
- By reciting his attributes: God is holy, all-mighty, all-knowing, everywhere, ever-living, unchanging…
- By worshipping his characteristics: God is righteous, faithful, truthful, merciful, kind…