The aim of this devotional study is to reflect and surrender to the God, Source of Joy.
24 Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
25 To God our Savior, Who alone is wise, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever. Amen.
- What do we learn from God in this text:
- God’s ability (what does/ can God do for his people)?
- God’s character (what is God like)?
- Consider the fullness of the redemption from us who dead in our sins – whom God is able to preserve (keep from stumbling) and present spotless before him with overflowing joy; take a few moments of reflection and write describe the magnitude of the FULL REDEMPTION promised by and attributed to God’s power (ability).
For instance [dead in sin] >>> [alive in God]; [far from God] >>> [reconciled to God]; [rebellious to God] >>> [friend of God]…
- What do you understand by the phrase “exceeding joy” – what does that mean and look like?
Reflection and application
- Jude promise that God can present you before himself with exceeding joy – have you experienced some of that joy? Ask God to fulfill his promise to present you before Himself joyful!
- In your mind – is God a joyful or serious person? Why? Where do you get this picture from? What is your picture of Jesus in this regard? Ask God to reveal his true nature to you!
“for the kingdom of God is… righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 14:17) God is the King of Justice, the King of Peace, and the King of Joy!
Pray for the Kingdom of God to come in your heart, your family, your work and your neighborhood! Pray for what is right and just, for what is peaceful and wholesome, and what is joyful to be dominant in your life, family and society!
One thought on “Overflowing Joy 5”