The Aim of this short devotional study is to discover the extent of God’s salvation to one who cries out to Him.
1 I waited patiently for the LORD; And He inclined to me, And heard my cry.
2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, Out of the miry clay, And set my feet upon a rock, And established my steps.
3 He has put a new song in my mouth– Praise to our God; Many will see it and fear, And will trust in the LORD.
Slowly read these three verses and answer the questions:
- When you read “horrible pit… miry clay” what do you think / feel? What is David trying to relay with these words?
- What did David do for God to rescue / save him?
- What was the process of God’s full rescue / salvation of David?
- What was the result of God’s rescue / salvation of David to others?
- What was the natural result God’s rescue / salvation within David?
- Memorize this short text. (Pray it repeatedly until you know it)
- David’s rescue / salvation lead to praise of God which attracted people attention, worship and faith in God. What work which God has completed in your life which need to be published in a way to cause people to trust and worship God?
What situation in your life feels like you being stuck “in a horrible pit [of] miry clay”? Cry out to God now – and persevere in it – waiting for his complete restoration. He did it for David – he will do it for you.